Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!


So technically it's not my birthday yet, but as this is not a Leap Year (and therefore I don't actually have a birthday) I feel justified in dragging out my birthday as long as possible. Hence, Kimmy's visit for the weekend, starting Friday and sadly ending tomorrow. We had a fabulous girls night away in Annapolis, staying at the absolutely adorable Chez Amis. It was a momentous occasion as it was my first "real" night away from Jack (not counting the two nights at Sarah's house for our 20-miler and the night before the marathon). Alas, I did not sleep as well as I'd hoped, but it was still great to be able to spend an entire 24 hours sans baby. I was surprised by how much I missed the little bugger.
Along with shopping and eating, we paid a quick visit to the Naval Academy (the photo above is from the church there) and had a delicious dinner at a wine bar (followed by much gallivanting about town and culminating in the best photo ever of Kim and her seamen).
On the writing front, it was a good week. I made it past the first round of the Amazon contest, and I got a request for a full from a new agent. I did also finally get a rejection from the agent who's had the partial since September, but I had pretty much given up on them so it didn't sting as badly as it might have (I was also coming off the request for the full, which helped significantly).
All in all it was a great pre-birthday week and I still have a couple of presents to open. Happy birthday to my brother Aaron and to Sarah, too, of course. I have high hopes for 31!

No comments: