Friday, June 17, 2011

Hit the Road, Jack (and John, and Mara)

This is just a quick post to bid my faithful readers (all ten of them) adieu before we head to California.  One week from tomorrow John will be hoofing his way through the mountains somewhere between Squaw Valley and Auburn (assuming we survive two more flights with Jack between now and then; I bought Jack his very own "smart phone" toy for the plane.  It has fake apps, people - I'm not messing around).  We should be able to follow John's progress via Facebook, so hopefully you'll have some idea of where he's at throughout the race.  In the meantime, please wish him luck and pray he has a good race.  We'll all be paying for it if he doesn't.

I'm not sure what computer access will be like this week, so I may not update the blog until I return.  But you can expect a big fat Western States 100 posting when I do.  John and I are also very excited to spend three nights in Squaw Valley sans Jack.  I was really looking forward to lounging by the pool, but since the pityriasis rosea is STILL HERE (it's been six weeks!) I'm not sure it's going to happen.  Here's hoping it looks slightly less hideous by then.

Alright, better get packing while the child is sleeping.  More later!  Western States here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking of you all, have a good and safe trip, and we'll catch up when you return! Courtney