Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weekly Inspiration: New Music

I go through phases with music.  When I find an album or a band that I like, I become obsessed.  Then I go through streaks where I don't buy any new music for a long time.  For example, I purchased Ellie Goulding's "Lights" several months back, and since then I haven't bought a single song.  Then Sarah randomly sent me some Youtube videos from a singer she likes last week, and I discovered all these other great bands.  I thought I'd share a few of them with you, since I'd never heard of them before.  Then again, maybe I'm just totally out of touch and everyone knows who these bands are.  Although since I can't find most of them on iTunes, you never know...

First off, Wolf Gang.  Sarah sent me the link to this video for "The King and all of His Men"

The album, Suego Faults, wasn't available on iTunes, but I did purchase this other song, "Lions in Cages," which is also quite fantastic.


Niki and the Dove's Malin Dahlström (I think - everything is in Swedish!) Photo from The Guardian UK

Second, Niki and the Dove.  This video for "Under the Bridges" features awesome choreography to an equally awesome song.  Love!

And finally we have I Blame Coco, discovered by Sarah a ways back.  I've been listening to "Self Machine" for months and I'm still obsessed with it.  Why is it some people are so inherently cool?  I suppose having Sting for a father helps...

Eliot Paulina Sumner aka Coco

If you have some amazing new band I need to know about, please share!

2 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

I think I need someone to buy music for me every bit as badly as I need someone to clothes shop for me. :) Thanks for the great recommendations!

Sarah said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY&feature=player_embedded#!
This is my new fave.