Monday, February 24, 2014

Mommy Mondays: This is the Part Where I Freak Out

This is my last full week in Montana, and I have to admit, I'm starting to freak out a little. Not because I don't want to get to DC and see my husband and all my friends, but because once I do get there I have SO MUCH TO DO! You know, little things like find, move into, and furnish a house; buy a car; have a baby, etc. That last part in particular is starting to freak me out. You'd think, what with this being my second kid and all, I'd sort of know what to expect, but I also feel completely unprepared. It's hard to envision having a baby when I don't know where it's going to sleep after we get home from the hospital, or even what we'll be driving to the hospital in. And to be perfectly honesty, I'm not that excited about the whole "giving birth" side of things. This may be hard to believe, but I'm really not someone who does well with unpredictability. Or pain, for that matter.

I KNOW everything will work out - it always does. But getting from A to B is the scary part for me. I'm sure the fact that I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant doesn't help; I've been pretty even-keeled throughout this pregnancy, but I'm going to blame the recent crying jags on hormones. I did have a really great weekend visiting my friend Jaime and her family in Bozeman, and that helped me calm down a little bit. But then I got back to my parents' house and realized how much packing I have to do, not to mention finishing a novel and the usual taking care of the four-year-old, and the freaking-out resumed. The good news is John gets back to DC a few days before I do, so at least I'll have someone to meet me at the airport and help me transport all our crap to our temporary digs. And flying to DC from Montana is a lot better than flying there from Russia, so there's that.

But, for now, I'm just letting you all know that this is the part where I freak out.

1 comment:

Jessie Humphries said...

Wow, I'm sort of freaking out for you! But that doesn't help...so I'll say, YOU CAN DO IT! It will all turn out great! :)