Sunday, January 16, 2011

Still Going Strong

I am now two weeks into my New Year's resolutions and proud to say I'm still on track. Another 20 miles run, I've got about 14 agents on my list, and after meeting with S and E for coffee the other day, I'm feeling good about the new book. I've also decided to take an entire day (in two weeks) to make the edits to The Book Collector suggested to me by the agent last year. Once that's finished and my next batch of queries goes out, I'll be free to really dig in to the new book. In the meantime I'm doing research and compiling ideas. No news on the job front, but I'm okay with that right now. As long as I'm productive I can't be too hard on myself.
In other exciting news, Jack took his first steps two days ago! I realize things are about to get even more challenging, but I'm glad that he's on track. He also got tooth number 8 yesterday. I can't believe how big he's getting. And I'm afraid all that delicious chub is going to disappear soon. As much as it scares me to not be working, I do feel incredibly lucky to have been home with him for this long. I wouldn't have wanted to miss a moment.
John is out running right now and Jack is napping. I should probably be working but it's nice to have a quiet moment to myself. We have a three day weekend, which is so relaxing. Last week Jack was waking up between 3 and 5 a.m. every morning, but he finally started sleeping again. Phew! John and I had a really nice evening out last night, too, which we definitely needed. There is a lot to look forward to this year. I just really hope I can add "agent" to that list!

No comments: