Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Writing Wednesdays: The End of an Era

I am sad to say a truly wonderful era is coming to an end, and I'm not ready. Yesterday, Laini Taylor's third book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy came out. I'm sure Dreams of Gods and Monsters will be just as phenomenal as the first two, and that's why I haven't bought it yet. I don't want this series to end. They are my favorite books of the last few years and I highly recommend them to anyone who loves YA, urban fantasy, and damn good writing.


Congratulations to Laini for finishing such an epic trilogy! I can't wait to read it. Or maybe I can, just a little longer...

2 comments:

Rhiannon Nee-Salvador said...

You're absolutely right - it is a great series. But I finished Dreams of Gods and Monsters a few days ago, and even though it does mean the end, I still say you have to read it. It's amazing!

Claire said...

I completely understand the feeling Mara! I kept the last book in the Weel of Time saga on my bed stand for two months. I just stared at it, not ready to part ways with the characters, world that I loved so much. But when I read it I devoured it :)
Laini's book is my next week's read. And I think I will be as great as I expect it to be :)
Savor the moment!