Thursday, May 24, 2012

Things I Love Thursdays: Alex Clare's "Too Close" and PB&K Oatmeal

There are two things I love today. First, Alex Clare's song, "Too Close," is awesome and you should check it out if you're not familiar with it.


I'm sure the acoustic version of this song is still amazing, but I LOVE the dubstep beat. I've never heard another song like it. Plus there's a samurai sword fight in the video, and really, you can never go wrong with samurais.

Second is my recent oatmeal discovery, which I'm dubbing PB&K Oatmeal (peanut butter and Kimmy, since she inspired this). Here's what you need:

1/2 cup of Quaker Quick oats
1 cup water
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp cherry jam
1 dollop of heavy cream (optional, but why wouldn't you?)

Cook the oats according to directions (the recipe above is for one serving; one cup of oats serves two, although Jack usually eats his share AND some of mine). Once you've got your oatmeal in your bowl, stir in the spoonful of peanut butter and jelly, then top with the heavy cream. Voila! A delicious, healthy(ish) breakfast that will keep you full for hours. You could probably use any kind of jam, but Jackie loves to pick out the cherries. You don't need any additional sweetener. And according to John, it's better to eat fat with sugar because it cuts the glycemic index (or something). So pour on the heavy cream and enjoy!


No comments: