Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Writing Wednesdays: The Love List

I've never participated in one of YA Highway's Road Trip Wednesdays before, but since I'm lacking for blogging ideas and it's always good to remind yourself why you love your novel, I thought I'd give it a shot. The idea was inspired by this guest post from Stephanie Perkins. I also read Dahlia Adler's love list and it totally made me want to read her book. Such a fun idea! So, without further ado, here is my love list for Forever Friday:

"What I Love About My Novel"

Solar eclipses
Scarabs
Wolf tattoos
Riding horses in the rain
Eternal love
A certain green dress
Road trips
Kyle
Porches
First kisses
Wayfarers
1920s slang
1950s slang
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Purple hair
Skipped heartbeats

So there you have it. Writing this list made me think back about all the parts of my novel I haven't thought about in a while. And I can't wait to do love lists for my two WIPs, including a brand new one! 


3 comments:

Dahlia Adler said...

1920s *and* 1950s?? WANT. Also, HELL YEAH FIRST KISSES!! (And thanks for the shoutout!)

Mara Rae said...

Hi Dahlia! I've got characters from quite a few decades - ah, the fun of writing immortals ;)

Anonymous said...

I was going to start listing the things I liked from your list, but there's too many. Sounds awesome!