Monday, October 1, 2012

Mommy Mondays: Now and Then

What a difference (almost) three years makes.

Jack was flopping around on his "cozy chair" the other day, so I grabbed the camera to snap a picture of him (or fifty - who's counting). Once I saw it, I was instantly reminded of a photo Auntie Shasha took of Jack when he was just a week old.

Jackie "then"

And "now"

As I was saying to John the other day in Moscow, in some ways it feels like Jack was just born, and in other ways it feels like he's always been a part of our life. When we look back at photos of Jack over the past three years, we marvel at how much he's changed, and then remark on how he's always been Jack. Look closely at that first picture, and you can already see that impish little grin forming on his face. He was probably dreaming up ways to drive us crazy even then...

And now, I can't imagine our lives without him.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I missed this one some how! So cute. Miss you guys - really glad we got to "see" each other today.