Thursday, April 26, 2012

Things I Love Thursdays: New Girl

Of all the new shows that started this year, my hands-down favorite has to be New Girl. I love everything about this show, from Zooey Deschanel and her ridiculously cute retro outfits to the laugh-out-loud humor that even John can't resist.

I mean, seriously people. Could she be any cuter?
I was a little sad to see Dermot Mulroney leave this week, but I'm waiting anxiously for the inevitable hook-up between Jess and Nick (then again, I'm sort of hoping they don't, lest this turn into some sort of Rachel-Ross spiral that takes over the entire show). I love that the cast (aside from Zooey) consists of relative unknowns; they're all hilarious in their own way, even Schmidt, who you want to hate but kind of can't help loving.


Don't you just want to be friends with these people? I know I do. I honestly can't remember the last time a sitcom made me laugh so much. My only complaint is that it's only a piddly half hour. I want more! Please, Powers That Be, don't let this show end!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I <3 it, too! Especially Schmidt - damn he's funny.

june923 said...

I laughed my but off when winston was making Schmidt hurt his injured manhood by naming hot things, so funny!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I have never seen this, but I love Zooey! No. I don't think she could be any cuter. I've heard good things about this show! I might have to check it out.

Kelley Lynn said...

This show is awesome. Its the first thing I watch on my DVR when I'm trying to 'catch up'. LOVE this show. I hang out with a lot of guys too and I can totally see them in these guys.

Lauren said...

We love this show, too and I was also bummed to see that Dermot Mulroney's character seems to be exiting. Clare was in her stroller today and I heard her quietly start singing "who's that girl, who's that girl, who's that girl....it's baby Brynn".

Mara Rae said...

Yay! So glad so many of you love it too! And Lauren, that is ridiculously cute!