Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Writing Wednesdays: Secret Agent Contest

Today I'm participating in the Secret Agent Contest over at Miss Snark's First Victim. I feel so lucky to have gotten in on my first try! Here's how it works, for my non-writing friends:

Your title and genre are posted on the blog, along with your first 250 words. Anyone can comment, and an agent will be among those commenters. When the contest ends, the agent will be revealed, along with the winning manuscript (the winner gets a partial request). I'm certainly not expecting to win, but I figure any feedback I can get at this point is worth something. Please stop by and leave a comment if you want to (honest feedback only, please - as much as I'd love a bunch of people saying how great my book is, that sort of thing is frowned upon :P). I'm number 31. Thanks to Authoress for the opportunity!

4 comments:

Kelley Lynn said...

Congratulations! I LOVE her contests. So many great opportunities for feedback. :)
Good luck! Going to check it out now.

Mara Rae said...

Thanks Kelley Lynn! It's always a little scary putting your work out there, but the feedback is awesome :)

Jess Stork said...

Good Luck! I'll head over and take a look. You never know, you could be the person to win.

Mara Rae said...

Hey Jess! Thanks for stopping by :) It was great meeting you at the conference!